Monday 7 July 2014

HANI'S JOURNAL 1st ENTRY




Entry 416
Sunday 06th July 2014


Just got back from the commissioner's latest case. It has been one long episode of trials and tribulations, and I suppose it didn’t help that my stomach felt like it was devouring itself the whole day. I tell you, it’s not easy chasing bad guys whilst fasting.
The case involved a business man's daughter who had been kidnapped using the services of an Ifrit. We started off strong; Ninil managed to track down the daughter and we found the man responsible. Unfortunately I blew our cover again, but it really wasn’t my fault this time… well at least I don’t think it was. All I did was mention to the culprit that we weren’t really from a private security firm and that we knew he was working with an Ifrit. I told him that so he knew we were serious about finding this Ifrit. How was I supposed to know that he would divulge that information to the police the first chance he got? *Sigh* Guess that’s one more cover story we can no longer use…

Naji was definitely not happy with me; we literally had to make a run for it. He didn’t speak to me on our way home, just kept muttering to himself about how much trouble I bring him (honestly, I’m starting to think there’s a truth to his ramblings). At the end of the day we couldn’t find the Ifrit responsible, we didn’t even get his/her name which was a big disappointment. I was really hoping to catch another evil Ifrit, which could have been one more lead towards finding out Etana’s whereabouts.

But enough of that! On a brighter note, it seems we’ll be heading to London pretty soon. I don’t really know the details of the case (that kind of stuff is Naji’s & Ninil’s responsibility) but something tells me this is going to be interesting. London is certainly fascinating with its large mix of culture and vibrant streets. Who knows maybe this time I will actually get to travel around the city and see everything it has to offer, I’ll have to find a way to shake Naji though… hmmm time to start drafting up ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment