Monday 25 March 2013

ALMIER CHARACTER JOURNAL

CHARACTER’S NAME:  Juda Al-Jazari
AGE: 32
Dual nationality
NATIONALITY 1: Almier
NATIONALITY 2: Palestinian


Journal Entry 1

G9 is my home…. Sometimes even I can’t believe it. As I sit here on the edge of Ma-Nago, I can look around at our 9 islands with a sense of pride. My nation. A nation of peace, of equality and diversity. To think during my days of gloom, I never thought in a million years I would find such a place to call home. Nablus, Jenin, father, mother, everyone, I’ve found peace… and I know that you have to.

Yet my dreams are haunted by pain filled eyes, silently accusing. What right do they have to accuse me of betrayal after the way they rejected me? I didn’t betray them… I didn’t.  But no matter how many times I tell myself that, I can’t seem to believe it.

I am here, a part of this beautiful society while they are dying, fighting for their home, for their land. I use to be one of them, deep down I still am. I could go back. The Almier are to remain neutral at all times but the 4th law. I could use the 4th law and go back and fight. I am worth a hundred soldiers, I could fight back, protect them and… and what? More violence won't solve anything. If I fight, they will only retaliate even harder and more will die. I cannot defeat a whole nation by myself. Besides those that I protect will only reject me again out of fear.

 No, I’ve lost Palestine. But I can still protect the Almier. I am a Guardian and I will defend my new home, my new family till my last breath. Hopefully with the ‘Almier International Security Treaty’ everyone will soon be able to find peace in their lands. I have faith in the elders, they will make the nations see reason.  

No comments:

Post a Comment